Monday, June 20, 2011

Fabulous! A portrait of Andy Warhol

Title- Fabulous! A Portrait of Andy Warhol'
Author- Bonnie Christensen
Publisher- Ottaviano Books
Illustraitor- Replicas of Warhols painting
Genre- Children's Biography
Readability Lexile 9-14

Summary and target audience- This book is a briefe chronolgy of the life of  famous painter Andy Warhol. I think the target audience would be anyone interested in painting or art.

Evaluation of Literature- I thought this was a good book to start children out on to teach them about biographies. It does a brief skimming of the life without getting bogged down by too much detail that may lose the interest of the child.

Literary Elements- The writing style is narative and biographical.

Illustrations- The illustrations are replica of Andy Warhol paintings to help the reader get a sense of his works and perhaps be an inpiration.

Mini-lesson- I would use this book as an introduction to art and how art can influence a person emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment