Title- The Absolutely Essential Eloise
Author- Kay Thompson
Publisher- Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Illustrator- Hilary Knight
Genre- Young Reader
Readability Lexile- Ages 8-12
Summary and target audience- This story intruduces us to the beloved Eloise. She lives on the top floor of the Park Plaza in New York City. The story Chronicals the ins and outs of Eloise' life living in the Park Plaza. It gives you the daily live activities of must do activities if you are a young priveledged child. I think the target audience would be any child that would want to know what it might be like to live the priveledged life as a child.
Evaluation of Literature- For the most part I see this book as a rather easy read for most children of the lexile age. The words are not out of the reach of the target audience.
Literature Elements- The author uses word repetition and alliteration in her story. In this book in particular there was a certain devotion just for dialogue.
Illustrations- The illustrator uses three colors to represent his pictures; black, white and pink. I think this adds to the ambiance of the little girls magical world at the Park Plaza. The pictured help move the story along and represent the text really well.
Mini-lesson- i would use this story to help illustrate that children of different back ground still act the same way and look for mischief to get into. I would build a lesson around exceptance.
No comments:
Post a Comment